The Juncken Building firm was originally established in 1895 by Hermann Juncken. It was later continued by his son Carl Otto Juncken, after whom the building company was named.
Following Carl’s death in 1951, the company was managed by his wife Adele, until 1985 when employees of the firm bought the company.
The company remained based at 12 Gawler Street, Nuriootpa until November 2007, when the business relocated to a new office and hardware store at 53-57 Tanunda Road, Nuriootpa.
A new dedicated Joinery workshop was also built at 4 Kalimna Road, Nuriootpa.
In May 2016, the Building division and the Joinery division were bought by Tracey and Jason Billing. Jason had joined the company in 1995 as a Supervisor.
Following the change of ownership, Jason and Tracey moved the Building company to the Joinery workshop located at 4 Kalimna Road, Nuriootpa, where both businesses now trade as Juncken Builders and Joinery.
The hardware store continues to be owned by CO Juncken Builders.